Sunday, June 29, 2014

Our Month at the Beach

It has been months since I updated the blog. The everyday life of being a stay at home mom got busy and stressful and exhausting. Vacation came at just the right time. Lomax wanted to rent a place at the beach for the month of June, so of course I'm in! It was amazing. We were on the bottom floor of the condo so we could walk out from the balcony to a grassy area where the kids could play. To the right was the walkway to the beach and to the left was the pool. The condo had 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and had a highchair, pack & play, beach toys & cart & kids toys and books. It was perfect for us. The first week it was Lomax, the boys and me so I got my own room. It was great until one of the boys woke up in the middle of the night and joined me and then it was still great :-) The second week Brian and Aaron joined us. We had some good family time and it was nice that Aaron and Lomax could watch the boys so Brian and I could go play golf, twice! I was planning on coming home with Brian after being at the beach for 2 weeks, but then I thought, why? Brian was going on a business trip the next week (although that Sunday was Father's Day). So I decided to stay and let Brian ride home with Aaron. Liz and her kids came the third week and Aaron came back the 4th week bringing Bridget and Emma. We came back on the 26th, which was Brian's birthday. Bridget and Emma rode home with us. We had 3 kids in the middle seat. It was interesting. It helped that Bridget could hand them things, but it also meant they could touch each other. After a pit stop, lunch & gas, another pit stop and a detour to avoid the heavily congested interstate we got home! It was great being able to go to the beach and the pool everyday, but I think it was even more relaxing to have another adult around during the day to help with the kids. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to be at the beach for so long. I am thankful Brian was supportive of me staying at the beach for so long even though I know he missed seeing the boys and me and having meals prepared for him and laundry done :-) The boys had a great time too. The last week Caleb finally got in the ocean without having to hold someone's hand. I think it helped that Emma was playing in the water. Jacob wasn't afraid of the water. He had fun running in the ocean and jumping off the side of the pool to me. He didn't mind going underwater, but the last night at the beach he started running a fever. Brian took him to the doctor on Friday and found out that he has Swimmer's Ear in both ears and an infection in his right ear. Poor boy feels horrible. Hopefully with the antibiotic and the ear drops he will feel better soon. We had a great time at the beach but it was great to be able to go to church again today!

Watching boats go by at the State Park.
We stopped to look at a turtle
Walking out to the beach
The tide was in so we couldn't actually walk along the water

My boys walking to the playground
Selfie while waiting on the ferry to see Fort Matanza
Jacob getting ready to fire the cannon
Caleb and Emma had a great time together
Playing in the ocean!




They loved chasing each other!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! Hope y'all are adjusting to 'real life' easily. :)

    ReplyDelete